Saturday, December 02, 2006

NEW BEGININGS


Well, here we go. I just opened this blog in order to track my new life as a freelance illustrator. This is all new and exciting to me, so I thought I'd keep a log of what's going on.

I have been drawing stuff all my life, and have been pretty good at it. However, like most artists, I've been taking my talents for granted. I would draw things from cartoons to logos for people, with out a thought of why I am constantly asked to do so. Drawing has never been difficult for me, so I just assumed it was easy for everyone else as well. So if everybody else could do it, then there would be no possible way I could work as an artist for a living; there is just too much competition. I realize now how ridiculous this is, but for a person, like me, who had never explored the possibilities for becoming a professional artist, this self-defeatist type attitude was a perfect fit.

Now, thanks to my family for encouraging me to try, I am finally putting my work out there. Thanks especially to SNO, for teaching me the way the industry really works. I may not ever be able to quit my day job, and make art my sole profession, but everything I put ink to paper, I feel like I am doing what I was born to do.

2 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey, John: Maybe this is where that composed Prosper page goes? I think it's great to show your work in context. I could give you ths spread if you like, so you can see itin use, against an ad.

 
At December 11, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger jkmac said...

That would be fantastic Mr. Scott. I wish I'd thought of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home